American Idol Roundtable – Top Three Week Pre-Show Tuesday, May 13, 2008Posted by Jerkwheat in American Idol, jerkwheat, reality TV.
One more week! Can you believe it? The end….she is near. The battle of the Daves is surely coming next week, but hey! it’s been a nice run Syesha! Thoughts and meditations on this week’s show….after the jump!
This week is Choice Selection Week. According to the stories, it will be three songs for each performer, with one being the Performer’s Choice, one being the Judge’s Choice, and one being the Producer’s Choice. Let’s set aside that Simon is one of the producers and just assume they are different groups entirely.
Let’s just be blunt – Syesha needs a miracle. She is apparently the Little Engine That Could, lasting to the Final Three. All this despite being a consensus pick (repeatedly) to go home in our Pick ‘Em, and surviving a couple of TiVo scares where she was the most fast forwarded artist of the night, which was a sure sign to go.
Since the results are foregone, there are probably just a few questions:
- What result will Dreamboat’s father being banned from the show’s practices have? (Side note – the comments are great there. Exactly what one would expect on a Dreamboat article). Personally, I hope the producers extract vengeance by giving him some song in public domain. Perhaps “O Dem Golden Slippers” or “Les Trois Capitanes”.
- How the hell will they fill the time Tuesday and Wednesday? Nine songs, two and a half minutes apiece, twelve minutes of commercials… ouch.
- Would anyone blame us for watching the results show on DVR? Trips to the contestants’ home towns! Woooo – hey wait, actually, it may be interesting to see what sort of a home Dreamboat comes from.
- Would producers and judges make it so obvious by tanking Syesha’s selections? Or do they feel confident enough they’ll get the D&D show next week as to give her something to star with?
- How many of you will save the time you had booked for the Results show and jump to another reality show of high entertainment value?
To make it official – Syesha goes. No matter if she performs so well that the Greater Deity You Worship or Deny to come from the heavens and say “You’re the best ever”, she goes home. Unless said higher power does something to Dreamboat’s Voting Lines, of course.
I also like this week in Idol every year. I hope the judges force Dreamboat sing a relevant (less than 5 years) song. I agree that Syesha will have to have the performance of her life. The problem is she will probably pick a song that is too big for her. And she has a big voice. She just tends to get a little screamy. If she is strong and emoboy sucks…maybe he could go. I don’t think DB’s dad being a lunatic will hurt him. Hell it might free him up. Also, I think I am going to watch that show you are blogging about JB. Sounds fun.
Syesha FTL. I just hope it’s an entertaining week.
Well, MJ’s Big Blog already has spoilers up and Archie is NOT being
forced into relevancy – in fact, the producers are having him sing the
Dan Fogelberg song “Longer”. The producers have once again shown an
absolute lack of knowledge in the current state of music. David Cook’s
personal choice of Collective Soul’s “The World I Know” should suit
him well and I can see Cook making a nice little rock record a la the
Soul. Syesha is at least taking a stab at the last five years with
another obvious choice, Alicia Keys “If I Aint Got You”.
The David vs. David Showdown is just a week away – I just can’t see
Syesha sneaking into the Finals unless she has a previously unseen
This week seems to just be a set-up for the inevitable – The Battle of the Davids in the finale. Is it possible that Syesha pulls an upset? Well…sure…but, really? We’ll find out tonight.